Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Oklahoma City Thunder Pay Homage to Native American History with Jerseys

Every season NBA teams release an alternate jersey, called the "City Edition", that represents each respective city they play in. This year the Oklahoma City Thunder jersey pays homage to the Oklahoma's Native American past. I personally really like the look of this jersey and I think this is a very cool gesture to show some respect to the Native American people.


Check out the jersey and its backstory here!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Chrissy. I don't know much about sports, but I think it's great to hear of a sports team that is approaching a reconciliatory attitude in this way - how better to pay homage to the history of Oklahoma City than to include Native American symbolism! I love the reason they chose the turquoise colour of the jerseys as well!

    ReplyDelete